Houston X is a Mac or Windows software tool for LSC products - HSX
Your Mission Control
HOUSTON X is the glue that binds the entire LSC Pro Range together. HOUSTON X is a monitoring and remote configuration tool that works with APS, GEN VI, MDR-DIN, LED-CV4, Mantra Mini, UNITOUR and UNITY.
Giving you the absolute authority to interrogate, monitor and instantly change parameters of connected products, HOUSTON X is the central overseer of your venue’s equipment. Quickly locate and isolate faults, monitor temperatures, phase loadings, change a channel from dimmer to power-switching mode (TruPower), save or recall show configurations – all from one central location or remotely via internet.
The spreadsheet-style user interface of HOUSTON X allows faster configuration of devices. Drag down a column to select a range of channels, then use a single mouse click to change the curve, set the mode or patch a DMX address.
Some LSC products have additional functionality enabled when licensed to operate with HOUSTON X. The GEN VI dimmers have additional dimmer curves, as well as one-click mode setting to set the unit to TruPower and AutoPower in one operation. The LED-CV4 allows 8-bit or 16-bit mode selection, as well as power limits and fade curves. The APS provides one-click mode selection for on/off/auto power/DMX control. All products allow the individual channels to be named for easy identification.
Create many different set-ups, multiple shows or even a standard house patch and change the entire venue’s dimmers and distros in a matter of seconds with a simple click of a button. No more running around a venue and resetting or reconfiguring equipment before the next show bumps in. All conveniently done from a central location, whether it is an office-based computer or portable device connected via Wi-Fi.
Designed to run on Windows and Mac platforms today, HOUSTON X will provide the added convenience of mobile technology by supporting Android and iOS tablets in the future. Carry your device with you and be alerted immediately when a fault occurs. Set or change parameters of the rig whilst you are on stage during rehearsals. No need to be hardwired connected!
- compatible with GEN VI, APS, UNITOUR, UNITY, LED-CV4, MDR-DIN, Mantra Mini, NEXUS and QX1
- remote monitor connected products within the system for faults, such as over temperature, loss of phase supply and circuit breaker trip
- remotely configure connected products within the system via Ethernet and/or RDM
- configure many individual products as one larger product, for example, four 12-channel GEN VI dimmers can be configured as one 48-way unit
- create, name and save multiple show configurations
- recall different show configurations in a matter of seconds
- all status indicators on all connected LSC products are replicated in HOUSTON X
- quick overview in HOUSTON X of all fault indicators – new as “red”, acknowledged “yellow” and all good “green” faults are reported in a single unified list on HOUSTON X with the date and time of the occurrence
- every channel of every device can be named and stored – sort by name, dimmer curve, max/min levels or other parameters
- access advanced features not generally available from the product’s user interface, i.e., select more dimmer curves on HOUSTON X than what is available on a standard GEN VI dimmer
- use HOUSTON X as the local user interface for a LED-CV4 dimmer
- software runs on Windows and Mac computers android and iOS tablets coming soon
- connect to the rig via any third-party Art-RDM enabled interface (not just the LSC NEXUS units)
- compatible with Pathport RDM enabled nodes (coming soon)
- run HOUSTON X on multiple computers/devices around the venue, i.e., one in the technical manager's office, one in the control bio-box and one at the stage manager's desk
- basic RDM interface via LSC QX1 node, providing a low-cost, dedicated RDM-only connection for installation technicians configuring new systems
- advanced RDM interface via LSC NEXUS 5-port Ethernet node, providing an in-line interface whereby two inputs can be configured to receive DMX512 signals in from any brand/model controller and two outputs can be configured to transmit the DMX512 signals merged with RDM data out to the rig
- HOUSTON X is licensed to individual LSC products on an annual basis – the license must be renewed every 12 months
peace of mind
- designed and developed in Australia by LSC – an Australian-owned company with over 40 years’ experience in developing world-first products