Taylor Made Malbec 750ml
This Malbec is full of intense dark fruit characters, a hint of plum stone and spicy notes of black pepper create a wine that is full to medium-bodied with a smooth finish.
Honours and awards
- Wine Show
- Sakura Japan Womens Wine Awards 2018
- Double Gold
- Japan Wine Challenge 2017
- Stellar Cellar Selection BTI 2017
- Berliner Wine Trophy 2017
- Sommelier Challenge International Wine & Spirits Competition 2017
- World Value Wine Challenge BTI 2017
- China Wine & Spirits Awards Best Value 2018
- World Wine Championships Awards BTI 2018
- Royal Melbourne Wine Awards 2017
- Wine Showcase Magazine New Release Tasting 2017
- Clare Valley Wine Show 2017
- New York World Wine & Spirits Competition 2017
- Challenge International du Vin 2018
- Wine Luxe International Wine Awards 2017
- The Global Malbec Masters 2017
- Royal Hobart Wine Show 2017
- Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show 2017
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2017
- Perth Royal Wine Show 2017
- Decanter Asia Wine Awards 2017
Colour In the glass, the wine has an intense purple colour.
NoseThere are lifted dark berry and raspberry aromas along with subtle spice, black pepper and mocha overtones.
PalateThis is a lush, mouth filling wine with intense black cherry, plum, raspberry and some earthy undertones. The oak maturation brings attractive spice and mocha characters to the palate. The wine is medium to full-bodied with great balance, well integrated oak and the finish is persistent and imminently enjoyable.
Winemaker NotesOnce de-stemmed, the fruit was cold soaked at 6°C for 5 days to ensure optimum colour and fruit expression. The fruit was then transferred to small static stainless steel tanks and a cultured yeast was added to start fermentation. The fruit fermented at an even warm temperature with the must turned over twice daily using our gentle gas mixing system to aid colour and tannin extraction. Post fermentation, the wine was pressed and transferred to a mixture of oak barrels (20% new and 80% 1 – 3 years old) to complete malolactic fermentation. American oak was employed for its ability to deliver robust characters. After maturing in oak for 12 months, the wine was blended, filtered and bottled.
The fruit for this wine was selected from two Clare Valley grower partners. The first located a ‘stone’s throw’ from our estate, just north of the St.Andrews property and the second from a vineyard just south of the township of Clare. Both parcels were harvested within a day of each other at the start of March and were quickly transferred to our winery for processing.
- Acid: 6.10
- Alc %: 13.5
- PH: 3.53
- Residual Sugar: 0.40
Will reward careful cellaring under ideal conditions to 2022, possibly beyond.