ARX BSX 16 1 or 2 in, 16 out Transformer Isolated Active Broadcast Splitter
BSX 16 1 or 2 in, 16 out Transformer Isolated Active Broadcast Splitter
- 16 way active press/broadcast splitter with transformer isolation
- Splits 1–8 Line level out; splits 9–16 switchable mic or line level
- Dual inputs with individual Gain and Level controls
- Dual Loop Outputs
- Additional XLR PA Output connector on rear
- Ultra low noise design
- SilentSwitch' 48v Phantom Power switching
- –20 dB pad switch on Inputs
- Headphone monitoring
- LED meter on Output
- Electronically Balanced Inputs
- Transformer isolated Outputs
- Intuitive, 'user friendly' layout
- Flawless audio performance
About the BSX16
The ARX BSX16 Active Microphone/Line Splitter has been developed to deliver the performance required by the increasingly sophisticated level of today’s standards of E.N.G and broadcast audio production.
16 Output splits
The BSX16 is a single channel 16 way active press/broadcast splitter with transformer balanced and isolated Output Splits. Although a single channel unit, there are Dual inputs with individual Gain and Level controls, for use when using lecterns with dual microphones. Dual Loop Outputs are available to connect the BSX16 to additional units, or for the dual inputs to continue on to a mixing console. An additional XLR PA Output connector is available on the rear panel for basic system connection.
Numbered marker panels above or below each split provide a space where individual connections can be noted.
Splits 1–8 are at Line level, and splits 9–16 are switchable mic or line level. There is a –20 dB input Pad switch, plus silently switchable 48V Phantom power, LED metering (–40dB, 0dB and +6dB) and a separate Pre-Fade headphone level control and socket, for signal monitoring.
Internally, powerful RF input filtering removes both common mode and differential interference at ultrasonic frequencies and above. High CMRR is achieved by the use of precision components throughout.
The BSX16’s internal transformer based power supply is double shielded to get the maximum benefit from the ultra low noise design of the circuitry.
To sum up, this feature packed two RU device is the answer wherever multiple transformer output splits from up to 2 input signals are required. The ultra low noise design and intuitive, 'user friendly' layout of the BSX16 provide flawless audio performance in any professional application.
You'll never compromise on Quality when you choose ARX
2 x XLR Balanced Mic/ Line inputs with hardwired XLR loop through outs
Signal to Noise ratio (Gain set @ 20 dB)
–88dB Unweighted, –94dB ‘A’ weighted
Distortion @ Unity Gain 0.05%, 1 KHz
Input Gain 10dB through to 50dB
Input Impedance 4 K Ohm
Input Headroom +21dB
Input Pad –20dB attenuation
Maximum Output +21dB
Output Impedance 300 Ohm Transformer Balanced
Output Level (Max) +20dB Line Out Level –10dB Mic Output level
Frequency Response 40Hz – 20KHz ±0.5 dB
Phantom Power Switchable Global +48VDC slow turn on/turn off
Transformer Type Low noise shielded
16 Transformer Isolated Outputs
Outputs 1 - 8 are Line Level (0dB)
Outputs 9 - 16 are Switchable Mic (-30dB) Line (0dB) Output Level
Dynamic Range 109 dB
Headphone Volume and Output for audible monitoring of signal Headphone Output 500mW @ 8 ohms output
Headphone Connector 6.5mm TRS Jack wired mono
LED output level indicators: -40dB, 0dB, +6dB
Output to PA system or Self Powered Loudspeakers at Line Level - Balanced Male XLR
Output Impedance 300 Ohms
Max Output + 21dB
AC Mains Input Fused IEC socket
AC Power 100-120V AC 2 amp 220-240V AC 10 VA. Replace fuse with correct value only: 100–120 V AC 2 amp, 220–240 V AC 1 amp.
Size 2 RU - 19”W x 3½”H x 8”D, 482 x 89 x 200 mm
Weight 12 lbs (5.5 Kg)
- 1 and 2 XLR Input connectors Pin 3 –, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 Ground
- 1 and 2 Input Gain trim controls
- 1 and 2 Output level controls
- 1 and 2 Output Loop XLR connectors
- 1–16 Balanced XLR Output splits. Pin 3–, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 No Connection
- Mic / Line switches for outputs 9–16
- Numbered marker panels for labelling individual splits
- 'SilentSwitch' 48v Phantom Power switching
- –20dB pad switch
- LED metering: -40, 0, and +6dB
- AC Power connected LED
- Headphone level control and 6.5mm socket
- Balanced XLR Output to PA system Pin 3 –, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 Ground
- IEC 3 pin AC connector and integral fuseholder. Replace fuse with correct value only: 100–120 V AC 5 amp, 220–240 V AC 3 amp.